art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): alamiajose,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apparently Jesus isn't gluten free

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40545023

At some point one would hope that the Catholic Church would just drop the whole transubstantiation nonsense and admit that it's just symbolic. Why exactly they like the idea of cannibalizing their demigod is another open question.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
At some point one would hope that the Catholic Church would just drop the whole transubstantiation nonsense and admit that it's just symbolic.
They do admit that, and also claim that it is literally true. Or at least, I think that's their stance on it.

Quote:
Why exactly they like the idea of cannibalizing their demigod is another open question.
That is based (at least in part; didn't bother searching on when I found this) on the following:
John|6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John|6:48 I am that bread of life.
John|6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
John|6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
John|6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
John|6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
John|6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John|6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John|6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John|6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
John|6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
John|6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Hard to argue against cannibalism without arguing against Jesus, isn't it?
Old 07-14-2017, 04:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

Ew.
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 07-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

This is somewhat tangential, but considering that the responsible enforcer of this ludicrous policy is again Catholic...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40618356

Quote:
US Congresswomen have protested for the right to bare arms in parts of Washington DC's Capitol building.
The National Rifle Association may be disappointed to learn that this is not a typo. They are not campaigning to bear weapons, but to stand against the Congressional dress code.
The long-standing code bans sleeveless tops, among other things.
The protest comes after a number of women have recently reported being told their outfits violated the rules.
Female reporters have said they had been prevented from entering the lobby area, where the press meets to ask questions of US politicians.
On Friday, Representative Jackie Speier tweeted to encourage colleagues to dress in clothes that showed their arms, calling the protest "Sleeveless Friday".
A group of around 25 women gathered on the steps of Congress, wearing sleeveless shirts and dresses.
"It's 2017 and women vote, hold office, and choose their own style. Time to update House Rules to reflect the times!" tweeted Congress member Chellie Pingree.
Apparently Paul Ryan was channeling his inner Italian nun, and mistook Congress for a duomo...

Quote:
Speaker Ryan said, earlier in June, that members should wear "appropriate business attire".