art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 07-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy
Default Identity Theft

So what's up with the Avatar switcharoo some folks are playing.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Childishness.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 07-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Its an attempt at irritating people. Not a big deal. My vote is to ignore it until it goes away. Just gotta remember to read people's names instead of looking at their pictures.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 07-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice
Default Although I would bet that your avatar,

my dear Frenzy, will not show up associated with any other poster.......
Old 07-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

Just people being themselves a la complete and utter retards.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam
Old 07-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

i hear imitation is a sincere form of flattery.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

I switched mine cause I was tired of the old one, but if I stole anyone's just tell me!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Ancient

NargsBrood will become famous soon enough
Smile On the topic of switching...

I switched mine just now as well since I am getting sick of my jerk attitude which was represented by the nasty smiley i used. I think this one better represents who I am in Real life which is what I'd like to start letting you all come to know.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NargsBrood
I switched mine just now as well since I am getting sick of my jerk attitude which was represented by the nasty smiley i used. I think this one better represents who I am in Real life which is what I'd like to start letting you all come to know.

You're a Nazi? (thinking back to old Indiana Jones Movies) Or maybe you're an albino? Cool!

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Ancient

Default LOL - i'm not a nazi.... right?

The picture is Powder from the movie that came out in 1995.

Many friends say that I remind them of Powder. I havent seen it so I dont know how closely our personalities resemble eachother but I am confident that, without being an albino, I look like him. I have bleached blond eye brows and a very light skin complexion. I burn very easy and so i wear hats and sunscreen while outside. The sun hurts my eyes a LOT and my solution for that is to squint to where they're almost closed.

Powder, from what I gather, wears the hat to protect his skin from burning and sun glasses to protect his eyes from burning out.

I would definately like to watch the movie, though, to determine if our personalities are alike.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The picture is Powder from the movie that came out in 1995.

Many friends say that I remind them of Powder. I havent seen it so I dont know how closely our personalities resemble eachother but I am confident that, without being an albino, I look like him. I have bleached blond eye brows and a very light skin complexion. I burn very easy and so i wear hats and sunscreen while outside. The sun hurts my eyes a LOT and my solution for that is to squint to where they're almost closed.

Powder, from what I gather, wears the hat to protect his skin from burning and sun glasses to protect his eyes from burning out.

I would definately like to watch the movie, though, to determine if our personalities are alike.
He also had superpowers. Do you have superpowers?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Snow
Although I would bet my dear Frenzy, will not show up associated with any other poster.......
You lose.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

awwww how cute!!! Baby troll grows up!!!!

Powder was a great movie...i hope you're not exactly like him, watch the movie it'd be freaky if you were.

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 07-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

4Alethinos will become famous soon enough4Alethinos will become famous soon enough
Default Powder

Powder and The Green Mile were two movies that made me sad at the end.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Ancient

Default SURE

i guess "baby troll growing up" is a proper way to describe it... maybe a little TOO proper? I'm still a baby at heart ya know

I have always been me in real life. I just decided i would drop the front and the personality i chose to represent myself here. you think my wife would have married me with an attitude like you've all seen? if she did that was some poor decision making on her part.

And as for super powers? hmm...

My super power is...... i can make any material so that it will explode on contact... i used to use playing cards that i would chuck at people and robots but i got tired of the same ole game and am currently open to suggestions for what i should use now. remember... my playing cards were easy to pack around and flew straight. keep that in mind when coming up with a suggestion.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

I vote for laser beams shooting out of your eyes. It would make better sense if you really were an albino with the pink eyes, but I'm thinking you could probably still pull it off. ;p

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 07-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
...i used to use playing cards that i would chuck at people and robots but i got tired of the same ole game and am currently open to suggestions for what i should use now. ...
Old fashioned "crown" bottle caps. Once you learn to "snap" them, you can throw controlled curves around corners or throw them as straight as playing cards.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Ancient

Default nice nice

I love the idea of incorporating the "crown" bottle caps into my current super power to further develop that skill.

But I also like the laser beams... and that's pretty orginal just like my playing cards i think. I could get pink contact lenses and bleach my skin like Michael Jackson to satisify your concerns though, Ishara.

As much as I'd like to take advantage of both powers I probably shouldnt be greedy... cause after all, we all know that there aren't many super powers to go around.

No. I'll have to be picky and choosy and decide which I want. As much as I'd like to become a full fledged albino I think I'll stick with my gambit skills... er herm... i mean X-Plosive objects power
Old 07-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
I love the idea of incorporating the "crown" bottle caps into my current super power to further develop that skill.

But I also like the laser beams... and that's pretty orginal ...
Crown bottle caps are like miniature frisbies when you get the snap trick of throwing them down.

Laser beams from the eyes? Sounds like 1930's comic book heroes (a la Superman's Heat Vison) or 1950's B Movies, (a la Godzilla's lightning bolt vison.)

Even the exploding playing cards is a trick Joker(?) used in the sixties comics vs Batman.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

I think people taking other peoples avatars, because they hope something of the other persons good reputation rubs off on them.
Not that its going to work.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.