art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I was clueless.

Heya, Pyro!

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

PYRO!!!

Hi and welcome!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Elder

123seem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 123seem

Heya Pyro, it seems im not the only one here who played guildwars before i joined theoryland. or am I.........
Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc
Can I hate both Faile and Berelain equally? 'Cause I think he should just punt them both into a river and be done with it.

I always felt sorry for Mat. Poor Mat.

I must say that WoT is the only series I've had to draw diagrams for to keep track of stuff.

Mmm... marshmallows. *makes s'mores*

Perfectly acceptable to hate them both. I used to be a Faile-lover, but have fallen away from that. She was just so cool when you first meet her! Maybe she'll redeem herself?

And I always feel sorry for Mat. He's got a thankless job. He keeps trying to help these stupid women and getting his ass kicked for it.

And I love s'mores.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

Welcome to TL, Pyro! Glad to see someone finally talked you into finding out what we kept jabbering about.

Had you read the books first? Or are you working through them now?
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

*wonders if tru read the whole topic*

*pours herself some mead, roasts a sausage and sits on the ESC*

I like Mat. and women are evil
Old 09-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaiya Sedai
I like Mat. and women are evil
Except the women at TL- we are exceptionally cool

Are there any male characters that people dislike as much as some female characters?

I generally find the Gawyn sections annoying.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

mat is my favourite male character, all the others are kinda weak. or annoying. Taim makes me cringe.
And Rand can be exceptionally annoying.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

Quote:
And Rand can be exceptionally annoying.
Are you serious? Rand is the best.

Oh, welcome to Theoryland Orc!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by irerancincpkc
Are you serious? Rand is the best.

Oh, welcome to Theoryland Orc!
rand is everything I hate in men.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Which is what exactly? Bad tempered? Controlling? Arrogant? What?
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

Quote:
rand is everything I hate in men.
Trying to do his best while burdened with the biggest duty in the history of the world? Cut the guy some slack; I think he handles it pretty well, considering everything.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque
Which is what exactly? Bad tempered? Controlling? Arrogant? What?
just about. and stubborn.
I mean, yeah, he's got it hard. but that doesn't mean I need to like him. I guess having a voice in his head isn't exactly doing him any favours either..
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

If those qualities annoy you that much you must really hate certain female characters.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Elder

Orc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworiverswoman
Had you read the books first? Or are you working through them now?
I've owned the books for a few years now. Looking at my library, #8 and up are in hardcover, so I started reading them sometime after #7 came into paperback, and before #8 was released in paperback. Whenever that was. I'm sure some of you are insane.... er.... dedicated enough to know when that was.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

oh you don't have to watch yourself with that word most of us take it as a compliment and the rest consider it a statement of obvious
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque
If those qualities annoy you that much you must really hate certain female characters.
i do. or maybe I'm just as short-tempered and stubborn and that's why I don't like it.
and do you know a woman who likes her man to be more stubborn than her?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc
I've owned the books for a few years now. Looking at my library, #8 and up are in hardcover, so I started reading them sometime after #7 came into paperback, and before #8 was released in paperback. Whenever that was. I'm sure some of you are insane.... er.... dedicated enough to know when that was.
There is of course the possibility of actually reading the books, you know.

Most recent (post 1900) books tell you when they were published.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Elder

Orc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
There is of course the possibility of actually reading the books, you know.

Most recent (post 1900) books tell you when they were published.
Bah. You take all the fun out of having people do my work for me.

Have a s'more.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

the truely insane amongst us actually go out and find hard cover versions of the books before we started reading.

I've got 1 & 2 in trade paper back and all the others in hard cover, save tDR, which is damned hard to find in HC. I also have most of them in paper back, and I've even got tFoH & tPoD in mini-hard cover.

Also, Gonzo, who bothers to actually go look in the book when wiki has most of that information listed right at your fingertips.